Pet Cobra

Blogger sucks.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Bend Over, Drop Your Pants, and Spread 'Em

So I got my Official Offer Letter today, the one that I was so excited to receive (based on the title of this entry, and the preceding sentence, those of you who've taken Literature 101 should be able to recognize Ironic Foreshadowing).

Long story short - I did the math. The salary numbers on the offer letter added up to several thousand dollars LESS THAN WHAT I AM CURRENTLY MAKING AS A CONTRACTOR.

Tuesday my boss told me that I would not be making MORE than what I was drawing in take-home. Well, technically, it seems she was correct.

Now, my boss had to up and leave for Virginia this morning to deal with a crisis at one of our offices there. She will not be back until Monday, my deadline for signing and accepting that offer. So I emailed her the following: " In our conversation you stated that my salary would not increase, and I had no expectation that it would. However, my current salary is $_/hour, translating to $______annualized based on 2080 hours worked. As stated in the letter, my annual salary would decrease to $_______. To be honest, I was surprised at this, as in my experience I've never seen a reduction in take-home pay with candidates converting into a full-time regular position. Is this something that we can discuss when you have a moment?"

Now, I'm currently making $3,000 or so less than my predecesor, who was himself a fulltime employee with full benefits. What I was offered is close to $10,000 less than what he was making. That is UN-FUCKING-ACCEPTABLE.

I'm actually at a loss for words right now. Well, other than goddamnmotherfuckingassholepieceofshit.

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Mr. Hibbity Gibbity said...

Stand your ground man. My company tried to do the same thing to me too, when I finally "officially" started.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

That sucks dude. What are you gonna do???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home